Will Cheshier Design
Owner-Designer-Janitor. May 2008-Present
Design, art direction and consultation to a diversified client base using print, web design and coding, interactive media, trade show exhibit and custom database design.
Designer-Production Artist. August 2013-September 2015, August 2016-Present
Design, print production, web design and coding, product rendering and photo retouching.
- Used Photoshop knowledge to streamline the generation of product renderings. This allowed Walter Greene+Co to double product rendering work from Nestlé.
- Designed, coded and maintained customer web sites including conversion and creation of multiple WordPress sites.
Web Manager. September 2015-February 2016
Manage SpaRoom WordPress e-commerce properties, sales channel management, IT oversight.
- Took over WordPress – WooCommerce site. Corrected product entry, shipping, tax and setting errors.
- Created work around to overcome pre-order problems inherent in WooCommerce.
- Managed launch and content for new consumer e-commerce site, AromaSource.
- Took Amazon sales account from zero sales to $5k per month.
Case Western Reserve University
Freelance Web Production Designer. December 2012-August 2013
Creation, updating and maintenance of various University department, school and program web assets.
- Coded email templates for distribution throughout the University that ensure compatibility to modern and legacy email clients.
- Planned and coded responsive web site for the School of Dental Medicine’s Alumni site.
Graphic Designer-Production Artist. January 2011-August 2013
Graphic design, production art and imposition setup. Custom database and application design
- Created a custom database to process fulfillment customer’s orders and streamline UPS and FedEx shipping system processes.
- Dramatically increased efficiency and flexibility of digital production art through knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, data publishing and best practice implementation.
Contracted Designer. November 2008-August 2009
Design and production of sales literature, multi-media, product and program id systems and trade show assets.
- Created stystem of production for standardization of company literature.
- Created Photoshop scripts, InDesign document templates and style sheets and production-specific logo systems to ensure consistent presentation of the US Endoscopy brand.
- Designed, filmed and produced custom movie for national sales meeting.
Art Director. November 2000-May 2008
Art & creative direction for Kinetico Incorporated’s Corporate, Residential Products, Commercial-Industrial divisions, international subsidiaries and dealer network. Design of literature, web sites, multimedia, trade show booths and graphics, product graphics, packaging, manuals and technical documents.
- Researched, designed, built consensus and implemented Kinetico’s first comprehensive corporate ID program.
- Reduced printing costs by approximately 40% through knowledge of printing and standardization of design and printing specifications.
- Successfully coordinated many cross-department projects to insure accuracy of technical information and adherence to manufacturing requirements.
Graphic Designer. March 2000-October-2000
Corporate identity and creative direction for Exhibit Dynamics. Design of corporate identities and marketing, exhibit graphics, web design and multimedia. Sales and marketing support, client contact and graphic project coordination.
- Introduced new corporate ID program to unify Exhibit Dynamics and Cyclonix exhibit companies after their merger.
Nottingham-Spirk Design Associates
Art Director. November 1993-March 2000
Design of corporate identities, product graphics, p.o.p. graphics, packaging, web sites, product & toy concepting. Production of final art, photo illustration & composition, illustration, packaging and display mockups, three-dimensional design and photo-realistic rendering. Primary client contact, quotation, billing. Macintosh systems and network set-up, maintenance, staff training.
- Created product family name and ID for MVP line of DirtDevil vacuums that led to a 20% market share improvement.
Created databases to manage time tickets, billing and client contact.
- Introduced digital product concept rendering techniques using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
General Manager/Designer/Lead Production Artist. July 1993-November1993
Structuring of startup business including: equipment purchasing, pricing, hiring, marketing, promotion, client contact. Art direction, design and layout, illustration, typesetting of MIS Magazine and other publications.
- Turned a profit every month Image Point was open
- Typemasters. Designer/Production Artist/System Manager. February 1992-July 1993
- Technical Translation Services. Designer/Typesetter/Systems Manager.June 1991-January 1992
- Cleveland State University. Production Artist/Graphic Designer. September 1990-June 1991
- Shafer Printing. Production Artist/Graphic Designer. May 1989-July 1990
- Cuyahoga Community College. Graphic Artist/Instructor. January 1986-August 1991